Weigh the Pros & Cons of Buying Glasses Online
Nowadays, buying items online is a common practice. It is convenient, you can compare prices easily, and you can shop in your pj’s. With eyeglasses, plenty of online sites entice you to upload a picture and try on some frames for purchase. It sounds fun – however, buying your new glasses online may not be smart. To help you make an informed decision, our Denver, CO, opticians prepared the following outline of the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing glasses from a website.
Pros of Buying Eyeglasses Online
- The convenience can save you time, with no need to travel to an office or optical store
- You can compare frames and prices on many websites before making your choice
- A wide variety of colors, shapes, styles and decorative embellishments
- Shoppers report that the prices are lower online
Cons of Buying Eyeglasses Online
- You can’t try the eyeglasses on or have someone give you their first-hand opinion
- If you don’t like the glasses, it can be difficult to return them
- Studies report that approximately half of online eyeglasses had an incorrect prescription or improper fit; an incorrect vision prescription can give you headaches or blurred vision.
- Some websites do not take insurance
- You cannot benefit from special deals that many opticians have with the eyeglass manufacturers. In our Denver, CO, optical store, we offer many rebates and savings deals that are unavailable online. So while the initial online price may appear lower, your final cost will often be less when you buy from a store.
- There is no personalized relationship and compassionate customer service. The goal of a retail website is to sell eyeglasses. In our Denver office, our goal is to satisfy your visual needs perfectly and keep your eyes healthy.
- Eyeglasses need to fit your vision and your face comfortably. With online purchases, you will not benefit from an eye doctor’s precise measurements of your pupillary distance or necessary bridge span. Our Denver opticians will recommend the ideal glasses and type of lenses for your prescription. With online shopping, you’re on your own.
- Once you have your new glasses, an optometrist or optician should evaluate the fit. Who will do that when you buy online?
It’s true; eyeglasses are a fashionable way to accessorize your look. However, their core function is still to promote lasting eye and vision health. At Peepers Optical in Denver, CO, we want to maximize your vision with your eyewear. We provide exceptional follow-up care to ensure that your eyeglasses fit well, provide sharp sight, and give you an awesome look that you love!